- Our fedoras are designed here in New Zealand. I personally work one on one with GShow Textiles to design a product that is uniquely ours
- Our wide brim fedoras are made from 100% Australian Wool and 100% raffia straw
- We use genuine leather for the embossed headband and 100% cotton for the sweatband
- Every style comes in a kids size (52cm) and varying adult sizes depending on the style (55cm, 57cm, 59cm & 61cm) These sizes are based on the average sized head.
- Every hat is packaged in a 100% cotton drawstring carry bag with a custom illustration by the incredibly talented team at Friends of Friends Design
- The 'wide brim' is 6cm wide on the Kids size and 7-9cm wide on the Adult sizes
- Our wool wide brim fedora is structured not soft so it will hold it's shape and is designed to sit quite high on your head
- Our straw wide brim is made of packable raffia straw so it can be packed flat in your bag but will bounce back into shape.
- I have designed the 'Charlie' and the 'SOL' to be unisex, from the style to the colours and fit.
- Every hat is delivered in a custom made hat box from NZ based company Quick Brown Box
- The manufacturing of our Wide Brims is a 2 part process. The transition from raw material to hat body is done by a machine and then the sewing, embellishing, inspecting and packing is done by a small team of skilled artisans at GShow Textiles.
- We use sea freight whenever possible to ship our hats from China to New Zealand. Although this can take, on average, 5 weeks longer I believe it is a more sustainable and environmentally friendly freight option.
- Once our wide brims arrive in New Zealand and have been inspected by NZ customs they are delivered to me in Papamoa where I personally inspect them again.
- Every order is hand picked and packed by me, including a hand written note.
- We ship our orders around NZ, Australia and internationally with NZ Post and Courier Post
- MATB is currently a one woman operation. I rope my hubby Simon, my two boys Charlie & Grayson and the rest of my family in every now and then but for the most part all the day to day running of things is done by me, Tans.
- The incredibly skilled people who manufacture my wide brims in China work in safe, supportive and healthy environments. They are paid fairly and work reasonable hours and many of them have families of their own who they can comfortably support.
- I work with a number of great local businesses here in New Zealand from shipping agents to print partners, box manufacturers and event companies who I will be forever grateful to for believing in my mission as much as I do!